At Community Care we understand that navigating the world of home care can be stressful and confusing. As your partner in care, we are here to help guide you every step of the way.
What are Home Care Services
There are a wide range of health care services that can be provided in the home. People may need home care while recovering from surgery, have a chronic condition, or a disability requiring on going care. Listed below are the steps that will help you through your home health care journey.
- Select the right advocate – Community Care will help guide you through the challenging world of home care. Having a trusted resource is invaluable. We will be alongside you from the beginning, assist with questions and provide access to professionals who can help.
- Identify the need for care – Are you noticing signs that home health care is needed?
- Speak with a doctor – Consult with a physician to validate your concerns and determine the best plan of care.
- Discuss the situation with your family members – Make sure to include the key family stakeholders in the process. Ask for their help and input in deciding what care is right for your loved one.
- Consult with the person in need of care – Once you have gathered all the information, if possible, include the person in need of care in the conversation. Having them involved in the decision gives them a sense of inclusion and usually leads to better long-term outcomes.
- Determine what care is needed – Once you have discussed the situation with a Doctor and your family, decisions will need to be made regarding what level of care is required. Home professionals include home health aides, certified nursing assistants, homemakers, companions and others.
- Review your payment options & budget – Medicaid, Medicare, Worker’s Compensation Insurance, Veterans Administration (VA) Benefits and Private Pay are some of the options for funding home care.
- Seek advice – Whether speaking with family, friends, peers, advocacy groups, state or local agencies or elder law attorneys, explore your financial options.
- Choose the best option – Each person in need of care, family and case are unique. For most people home care is the right solution. It allows people to have the freedom and comfort of living in familiar surroundings on their own schedules.
- Stay involved – Communication is vital in order to ensure the greatest quality of care. Communication between the doctor, family and Community Care staﬀ will allow the best possible results.
- Contact Community Care today in order to receive the help and information you deserve.